Methane (CH4) Gas
|Chemical Formula||Type||Density||Molecular Mass||Lower Explosive Limit
|Upper Explosive Limit
|0.6559 g/L at 25 °C, 1 atm
0.7161 g/L at 0 °C, 1 atm
0.42261 g cm−3
(at 111 K [−162 °C; −260 °F])
|Maximum Impurities in PPM by Volume|
Common Uses And Applications in Industries
- As a fuel gas in Gas turbines and steam generators to generate electricity.
- As a Fuel gas in automobiles. Methane is a major constituent of CNG / LNG used to run the automobiles.
- As a fuel gas in gas generators.
- As rocket fuel in space craft industry.
- As a industrial component for manufacturing of Ammonia and fertilizers and explosives.
- As a calibration gas mixture when mixed with any Inert / carrier gas, to check and calibrate the laboratory or research grade instruments.
For expert advice on your respective industrial or commercial application, please feel free to Contact Us