Tips For User
General Tips for safe handling of cylinders
- A gas cylinder shall always be handled by a competent person only.
- A cylinder shall never be dropped or rolled on its body. Always use trolleys to move the cylinders.
- No Oil or grease or any flammable or reactive chemical shall be there in close vicinity of the gas cylinders.
- A gas cylinder shall always be kept and use at a proper ventilated area.
- A cylinder valve shall always be in close position after use and maintain positive pressure inside the cylinder.
- Do not try to repair or repaint the cylinder body. A gas cylinder color shall never be changed.
- Do not try to tamper markings stamped on the cylinder or on the valve.
- A cylinder shall always be kept away from the source of electricity.
- Never use the cylinder as a roller or as a packing support.
- A cylinder must always be fitted with valve protection guard. even at the time its gas consumption.
- Cylinders must be stored under a proper shed to save them from rain or dust.
- A cylinder must be vertical upright position at the time of filling, storage , transportation and consumption as well.
- Filled and Empty cylinders must be kept separately at pre defined place
- Cylinder shall never be lifted using hook or rope around its neck.
- Cylinder shall be :
- Stored or kept away from the elevator or gangway so that heavy moving vehicles can be prevented to fall on it.
- Stored or kept away from source of heat like open flame or furnace or molten metal.
- Kept away from welding or cutting work so that sparks may not fall on it.
- Kept away from source of electric current or fitting.
- Kept away from acids or other reactive chemicals or corrosive substances.
- Fitted with cap always.
- Use of oil while handling Oxygen gas filled cylinders is highly restricted. Hand or gloves having oil contents on them shall never be used to handle oxygen cylinders.
- Never use cylinder without having proper hydraulic testing date and gas name mentioned or labeled on it.
- The cylinder connection must not be forced to fit with the regulator. When the connection threads are damaged, change the fittings to get it properly fit.
- Always test for any leakage before or after using the cylinder.
- Gas leaking cylinder shall never be put to use and shall immediately be inform to higher authorities.
- Open Valves Slowly For use. Open slowly only 1/3 of the spindle.
- Always use proper size tools for cylinder valve handling. Replace the worn out tools with new ones.
Safety Tips During :
- Always transport the cylinders in Vertical Upright Position.
- The transport vehicle shall be covered and well ventilated.
- Cylinder shall be secure properly while under transit.
- Mixed cylinders shall be marked separately and stored separately.
- Driver and helper must have proper knowledge of handling the particular gas in case of any leakage.
- Cylinder shall be unloaded at a platform near to height of truck platform.
- Do not move or roll the cylinder on its body. Always use cylinder trolley for movement inside the plant
- Do not drop the cylinder directly on the floor or ground. always use proper rubber pad or proper machinery or equipment to unload the cylinders
- Never hook the cylinder around its neck, valve or valve guard for unloading purpose.
- Cylinder storage for different type of gas cylinders must be properly marked and segregated.
- Cylinder Storage area must be well ventilated at top and bottom of the shed.
- Cylinder storage area must be free from any oil or water accumulation.
- The storage shed must be away from source of heat or flame.
4. During Consumption
- A cylinder must be handled gently and in a safe manner at site.
- Proper tools must be used to handle gas cylinder.
- Proper gas handling equipments like pressure gauges, pressure hoses etc must be used.
- Oil and grease must not be used while handling the gas.
- Gas cylinder must be kept away from electric source at the time of its use.
5. After Emptying
- Always keep minimum positive pressure inside the cylinder and do not empty its contents fully.
- Close the valve completely.
- Move the cylinder in a trolley only even after use.
- Store the empty cylinder at pre defined storage area only away from dirt, moisture or oil.
6. Return Of Empty Cylinder
- Always load the cylinder in vertical position and secure properly to save from falling during transit.
- The loading platform must always be free from dist or oil or water and take good care about it.
- The loading vehicle must always be covered at top to save the cylinders from rain or dust
Always keep the MSDS of required gas ready.
Inform the higher authorities as soon as possible in case of any mishappening.