Argon ( Ar ) Gas
There are various sizes of Argon gas cylinder available which can store Argon gas at different pressures. For some applications where continuous and high quantity of Argon gas is required to be feed, We make use of Argon gas cylinder quad which is nothing but number of cylinder interconnected and having common outlet ’and common inlet. In short, a bunch of many cylinders can be used, loaded / unloaded as single unit.
|Chemical Formula||Type||Density||Molecular Mass|
|1.784 g/L stp (0 °C and 101.325 kPa)
1.3954 g/cm3 when liquid, at b.p.
|Maximum Impurities in PPM by Volume|
Uses of Argon Gas
- As a shielding or blanketing gas to shield Oxygen reactive materials from air during any process like TIG or MIG Welding.
- As a filler gas in Bulb / Lighting Industry, to stop oxidation of filament.
- As a Mixture gas with Neon to stop oxidation of filament in Neon Lights industry.
- As a fire extinguisher when mixed with Nitrogen gas. This mixture gas is called Argonite gas.
- As a filler gas in scuba diving suit.
- As a carrier gas in calibration gas mixture due to its non reactive nature to any material or substance.
- Liquid Argon is used in removing or destroying of the defective cancer cells in human body through cryosurgery and dermatology techniques.